How to Stream from a Desktop Computer on Twitch?
The steps to stream on Twitch from a desktop computer are the following:
- Planning: You first have to plan the content you want to stream on Twitch.
- Connect, gather and set up: Before setting up your streaming software, you should ensure that all the hardware you need is connected. This means you have to connect your webcam and microphone to your computer. It is time to get it ready. Test everything. You have to set up your webcam at a good angle. Also, check out the audio levels on your microphone. Then, you have to adjust your lighting if you are using lights.
- Installation of the software, connect it to Twitch: Any one of the software choices will work great for Twitch. For this guide, you can choose OBS Studio.
- After the installation process, OBS Studio will ask whether or not to run the auto-configuration wizard. You have to consider opting for a manual setup to get you acquainted with some crucial aspects of streaming.
- Then, go to File > Settings > Stream in OBS Studio. Choose “Twitch.” Then you can either connect your Twitch account to OBS Studio or connect Twitch using the stream key. You will need the login information for your Twitch account. After that, you should go to Twitch, go to Settings > Channel and Videos, and copy the primary stream key. Paste it into OBS.
- Add all the audio or video sources and visuals: Whatever you want to broadcast in your stream. It should add as a source in OBS. Your microphone is a source. The games you want to play are also a source. If you want it on your stream, you have to add it as a source. The good thing about OBS Studio is that most of the time, it will recognize your audio sources. If you do not remember, you can go to File ¬> Settings > Audio and find the devices. You will see the sources field in OBS Studio as video sources go. Click on the “+” button; you will open a menu that lets you add various sources, including games, desktop, web pages, images, and text files.
- Searching for perfect streaming: The streaming settings you want for Twitch depend on the sufficient upload bandwidth, the power of the encoder, and the type of content.
How to Stream from a PlayStation 4 on Twitch?
The steps are the following:
- First, set up your PS4 for live streaming.
- You should make sure that you disable the HDCP. You will get this option under Settings > System. Please switch it on when you watch content from services such as Netflix on your PlayStation 4. When it is streaming, it should switch off.
- Set your devices. Settings > Devices, you will find audio devices and the PlayStation Camera options. This is where you can modify levels for your microphone or headset. PlayStation 4 does not support any web cameras other than the PlayStation Camera.
- Then, you should set up audio sharing. When you launch the game, click the “share” button. Go to Sharing and Broadcast Settings. This is how you can enable the sound from your microphone.
- You should then enable the chat. In the Sharing Settings > Broadcast Settings > Advanced Settings. You can check “Display Messages “and “Comments” for enabling the chat.
- Connect your PlayStation 4 to your Twitch account:
- PlayStation 4 will ask which platform you want to use. After selecting Twitch, you need to connect the console to the account. The steps are the following:
- Scan the QR code you will see on your screen, or you can go to Twitch. tv activate from a computer or mobile and then enter the code you see on your screen.
- Final check it and then start streaming.
- After connecting the console to Twitch, you will be able to pick a title for the stream and enable the camera. Then select the output quality.
- After completing all of these, you will be ready to start broadcasting to Twitch from your PlayStation 4.
How to Stream on Twitch from a Mobile?
The steps to stream on Twitch from mobile are the following:
- First, download and install the Twitch app. It would help if you had the app installed on your mobile. From the Play Store or App Store, download the Twitch app.
- Login to the twitch app. Then you have to go through the whole two-factor authentication process to log in to the twitch app.
- Click your profile image button in the upper left corner.
- This will bring you to the screen where you will see the “go live” button.
- Click the “go live” button. You will have to allow access to your camera and microphone before you can live stream to Twitch.
- Set up the stream, and then you can go live.
There are a few simple steps before going live:
- You have to give your stream a name.
- Select one of the content categories.
- Pick the camera.
- Share a link to your stream via apps.
- Press the “start stream” button. You will be online.
Live streaming is not so demanding on Twitch (visit here). You can have your content in minutes on Twitch with some essential gear and general computer literacy. It is easy to learn how to stream on Twitch.